Code of Ethics
Smiled Upon code of ethics is based on our mission and shaped by our guiding principles and values. Smiled Upon fervently believes that ethical behavior must be synonymous with our name and reputation. Consequently, ethical policies and practices are an integral part of the organization’s bylaws, board policies, and personnel policies.
Personal and Professional Integrity
A personal commitment to integrity in all circumstances benefits each individual and our organization as well as our community. Therefore, all employees and volunteers:
- Strive to meet the highest standards of ethical management, performance, quality, service, and achievement in working toward Smiled Upon mission and goals.
- Communicate honestly and openly, avoid misrepresentation, and promote an environment where honesty, open communication, and differing opinions are valued.
- Promote the organization and its achievements, policies, and practices fairly, accurately, and with full disclosure.
- Exhibit respect and fairness toward all those with whom we interact.
The ability to embrace diversity and to make it an integral part of Smiled Upon is a business and community imperative. Therefore, all employees and volunteers:
- Provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Encourage the entire community to participate fully in employment, volunteer, and vendor opportunities.
- Strive to reflect the multicultural/multiracial nature of the community in the staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate discrimination or harassment.